Monday, October 3, 2011

Murder on the Mountain

"Heeeeeeeere's Johnny!"
 Remember a movie called "The Shining" where Jack Nicholson played a writer who agreed to be a caretaker for a lodge over the winter? It's the movie where he loses his mind and eventually hacks through a door with an axe, trying to kill his family, and says, "Heeeeeere's Johnny!"

That movie was filmed at a place called Timberline Lodge with is about an hour east of Portland in the mountains. I went there today with my roommate and it was incredible.

There wasn't anything mentioned about the film in the building, but there is some of the best hand-made furniture and beam-work I have ever seen in my life. It was built by a huge crew of unemployed young people during the Great Depression. They were members of the CCC (Civilian Conservation Corps).
The Timberline Lodge as it is today... through the fog.
Creepy Hallways
Creepy Kids
Creepy Doors



Since this is the only semi-morbid blog post, I thought I would post this nice note I found in the Tillamook forest, west of Portland. It reads "Dead Dog. Found in creek between big rocks. We ate him. 9-10-11."

There could be a false sentence in that quote, but it's hard to read that tiny picture.

No comments: