Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Weird Portland, Cool Portland.

Cocky bastard.
 So, I'm sitting in the living room and I keep hearing this muffled racket. It's a combo of squawking, arguing and metal being pounded. I go look out the window and I see two guys leaning over the engine of a car, arguing about how to fix it. Both of them are pissed off, yelling at each other and beating on the car. Then I hear that squawking again and I see this flicker of white inside the car. Yes, that flicker of white was the rooster they had in the car. Weird Portland.
This is an example of how commonly cool Portland can be. This is a trash blind that faces a busy sidewalk. It's made from steel stock with discarded bicycle parts welded to it. All kinds of recycling going on right there.

These kinds of aesthetically pleasing creative solutions are relatively common in residential areas.

No comments: